A Reserve Specialist (RS) is the highest level of recognition awarded by the Community Associations Institute (CAI) to members of the reserve specialist profession.
By hiring a Reserve Specialist, you can be confident that your reserve provider understands their obligation to your community and is dedicated to the profession.
A Reserve Specialist (RS) has a wealth of experience in analysis and financial planning for community associations. They have successfully met all designated requirements, including:
- Preparing a minimum of 30 Reserve Studies within the past three years.
- Holding a bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, or engineering (or equivalent experience and education)
A Reserve Specialist (RS) can help ensure that your community association prepares its reserve budget as accurately as possible. By conducting a reserve study, a Reserve Specialist (RS) will help your association maintain its long-term financial health by providing:
- An inventory of items subject to replacement
- An estimate of the useful remaining life of those items
- Estimate cost of replacement
- A funding plan designed to cover future expenditures
A Reserve Specialist (RS) is required to perform reserve studies based on CAI’s National Reserve Study Standards. These strict standards provide a detailed list of functions that must be included in each type of study being performed.
A Reserve Specialist (RS) commits to upholding the highest ethical standards. They must abide by the rules of conduct outlined by CAI’s Professional Reserve Specialist Code of Ethics.